Ch-center
Any discussion that does not take place in another forum
By alexlox
Hello!
What do you want to do with your Linux? Are you experience enough? Are you a sysadmin or an Linux enthusiastic ? Are you a writing code or just use word & excel?
What is your machine ? Do you have a HDD or SSD ? How many RAM you have?
Do you like running or pointing Distros? Do you have a good internet connection or not?
Check distrowatch.org and you will see that there are so many distros for any taste.
The best way to find yours is (unfortunately) to test them.
Personally Speaking I'm running Linux Mint Mate in a laptop with very small capabilities (such as 4 GB RAM, i3 processor etc)
On the same laptop I'm running some VM such as an Arch (no GUI) Archolinux (one of my favoure) , a Debian and an Ubuntu server.
And no Arch is not the end of distrohopping , definitely not.
By adam
Before I recommend a distro, how about telling the group what hardware you are running. (i.e cpu, ram, video, 64 bit / 32 bit, etc.) This will make it a bit easier. We would not want to recommend a distro which would overwork your system, causing lockups or other problems. Distro hopping is much easier than it was years ago. Now you can use a thumb drive to burn a "Live Cd" image, and if you don't like it, burn another one over it until you find what you want. Are you currently running windows?
adam wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:40 pm Before I recommend a distro, how about telling the group what hardware you are running. (i.e cpu, ram, video, 64 bit / 32 bit, etc.) This will make it a bit easier. We would not want to recommend a distro which would overwork your system, causing lockups or other problems. Distro hopping is much easier than it was years ago. Now you can use a thumb drive to burn a "Live Cd" image, and if you don't like it, burn another one over it until you find what you want. Are you currently running windows?
CPU: Intel i5-6500 3.2 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB
RAM: 16GB
Monitor: AOC 24" 1920x1080
Mouse: Logitech G502
Mouse pad: Steelseries QcK+
Gaming chair: Gamborg
Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red
Headphone: HyperX Cloud II
By adam
Ok, that should run just about anything you throw at it. What have you tried so far? Do you use the command line interface sometimes, or mostly a gui? My personal preference is Slackware, although I have Lite, Mint Cinnamon, Puppy, and a slew of others on tap. (I try to keep the head small, don't like a lot of foam.
Ch-center
SPECIAL DEDICATED SERVER OFFER - LIMITED STOCK LEFT

Intel® Xeon 2.53GHz [...]